Yellow Bird, don't miss it

Chapel Street for coffees is always great, which side is always the dilemma. Do you prefer the South Yarra end or the Prahran end. I like both somehow, the first is a bit posh and the second one a bit grunge. Nevertheless I tend to go more on the Windsor side, just to add more confusion to the district's names. I remember I visited this café when it just opened and I loved it, it was just perfect for this area. I believe most of the furniture has been bought from the two OP shops nearby, which makes the place very grunge and there is quite a wide area outside. Said that, it is not as easy to find a free table in the weekend. I have decided to visit this place again and I loved it even more, only drawback is really …..too busy, but that comes with the popularity. Why do I like it? Because it has all the components of a great café. The four reasons I go to a café are all well rewarded here. As I said above, the place is so cool, lots of newspapers, to read with your coffee, a couple of sofas and tables and chairs from the 70s, or, well, from the OP shop nearby. Outside, on Chapel Street, simple tables where you can spend some time watching around, and there is lot to see around :D
The latte is good and quick, and at the right temperature. Quality is good but not excellent. Food is great; this is an heaven if you are an egg lover . I have got poached eggs with feta, spinach and pumpkin….just great, and this is clearly a brunch because the size is just amazing, American style. Quality was comparable to the quantity, very high. And what about the service, another good surprise, I remembered lots of smiles there, and they are still there, though from different waiters.
Let's try to summarize my 40-60 minutes there. A great time reading my newspaper and talking with the waiter, having a great breakky and good latte in a cool place. What can I say? Absolutely a place to go back!!

Rating (5=too good to be true,1=i saw and tasted much much better)
Coffee: 3 good
Food: 4.5 great, lots of dished based on eggs
Service: 4 friendly and quick
Place: 4.5 just so grunge and cool, with good music, maybe a bit too loud to be in the morning (and that's why it is not 5)

122 Chapel St
Windsor (not far away from Windsor station)
www.yellowbird.com.au

Ps : photo and movies to be loaded

No comments:

Post a Comment