Postal Hall, a tiny cafe in a busy street

I cannot say this is a secret café really, it was always there, not sure when they opened it but I remember it there for a long while. I was there a long while ago and back today. The same people serving the coffees, all with a smile. Back in the office I checked some comments about this café and surprise surprise I read that somebody could see a sort of attitude in the owner and was not satisfied. I was really surprised, as I had just the opposite experience, well I guess everybody can have a bad day. For sure today everybody had a good day at the Postal Hall.
Anyway, I was not there to study psychology but simply to try the coffee and get some food. I liked the environment I must say, very simple but, at the same time, very comfortable. Few small tables and chairs with two benches on the side, not really the typical furniture you find in a CBD café, and maybe, for this reason, you get a sense of break from the office time, which I like. Of course you are in Russel Street so you can't avoid the traffic and the penguins (read business man with tie) around you, but that's ok, I also wear the tie a couple of times every ten years. Plus, I always think the Post Office as a place to avoid, due to the queues, and I am quite happy to spend a nice time in a Postal Hall.
The coffee was good but quite average, nothing to call home about. It is a Miscela Tiziano (Bristot), for what I could see, which is 95% Arabica, and it is a good average coffee. It was served at the right temperature, and this is a plus. The food is mostly sandwiches and for lunch few warm dishes. The choice is limited but good. My rice salad (10$) with eggs and tuna was quite good.

Rating (5=too good to be true,1=i saw and tasted much much better)
Coffee: 3 Average, good to start the day
Food: 3 Selected choice, good result
Service: 4 The owner as well as the other guys are a good fun
Place: 3.5 A nice break in the city centre

Hero Building
116 Russell Street

No comments:

Post a Comment