Captains of Industry, coffee and much more

This is still a secret in Melbourne, and I was just so lucky that a friend of mine took me there after lunch. Really hard to find it, no clear direction, no signals of coffee or shop, well there is, but anybody guess to understand where are you getting into. The shop/café is in Somerset Place, close to Brother Baba Budan and Brood Box Café, not an easy location, with high competition, so you really need to be a magician to start something that long term is profitable. I believe they got it. The keyword here is vintage. As soon as you walk in, at the first floor, you have bicycles as old as my grandmother (100 in few days), shoes, ladders, all very vintage. Even the guys that are running the shop are vintage, in dressing and style. I keep calling shop because it is not only a café, that would limit Captains of Industry, it is a tailor, a shoe maker and hair dresser (I wonder if the style will be only '70s).It reminded me more of a factory, an idea factory, where people gather to discuss about art and politic, though I have never seen Australians speaking about politic. It is just a great place. Everything else is not as great I must say. They do not have food, so don't come here for breakfast, and the service is interesting, but quite slow at the moment, but that's ok here. Coffee quality is average. So why coming here? For the experience, and I am sure you will love it.

Rating (5=too good to be true,1=i saw and tasted much much better)
Coffee: 3 good
Food: 0 none
Service: 2.5 slow, but I'm sure it will get better
Place: 5 and this is the highest score I have ever used, and this is why you come here

Captains of Industry
Lvl 1, 2 Somerset Pl
CBD - Melbourne

No comments:

Post a Comment