Café Superfino.....super French

I have never really seen this little café till my good friend Neil from Scotland took me there. Neil was on vacation here in Melbourne, and probably he has got more time to explore, or most likely he did not take places for grant. This is a typical mistake we all do when we settle in a place, just going back to the usual places, forgetting about the other 95% of bars and restaurant in Melbourne, and there are hundreds of them, one every few meters in Melbourne CBD. It was my last year 2009 new year resolution to explore more. Why did I like this place, and I have been back since, probably because it has a French size (very small café), a French look, French baguette, a French touch but very good coffees and nice owners. I am Italian, and by definition we do not love France and French things, but, inside we do. How can you not like the French cheese, the French bread, the French food….we will never admit it of course. If you come here for breakfast you can expect nothing super elaborated but just well done, the same for lunch, and when I see the baguette in the front fridge, well I fall in love. They use fair trade coffee and this is another positive thing of this café, last time it was Ethiopian, the country where the coffee was born. Very good quality and the espresso was just perfect in taste and size. A nice couple is running this place, he is more after the coffee and she is after the food, a good partnership that obviously works quite good. The place is so tiny, that really remembers a typical café in Paris, I just love it, reminds me of many trips back when I was living in Europe, and this may have affected my comments above and my rating below, I know!!!

Rating (5=too good to be true,1=i saw and tasted much much better)
Coffee: 4 fair trade and well done
Food: 3.5 half point more because of the baguette :)
Service: 3 quick and nice, not superb, maybe a bit french :D
Place: 4 tiny French place, if you like big look somewhere else, there is a food court around the corner

No comments:

Post a Comment